What they asked for
Clear differentiation from competitors in order to increase sales and steal market share.
What they got
Brand and marketing strategy evolution that allowed them to elevate the conversation in the category and focus on what matters most — their customers.
THE SITUATION: A COMMODITIZED MARKET
Even though Firestone Building Products (FSBP) was a pioneer in the commercial roofing industry, their competition had achieved parity. As their various divisions merged, it became critical to shift perception away from being a strictly product-focused organization.
The Answer: Clear space that redefined the category
STRATEGY AND DATA
Through research, segmentation analysis and persona development, CBD developed unique positioning for FSBP that was:
CREATIVE AND DIGITAL
With an all-new leadership position in place, creative campaign development included:
- Print ads
- Banner ads
- Video spots
- Online sales tools
Additionally, we continued to reach audiences in new and more relevant ways through:
- Persona-driven international websites
- Acquisition emails that showcased leadership in the industry to new prospects
- Larger, more sophisticated trade show activity anchored by a dominant two-story booth and interactive, multi-media displays
PR, SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTENT
To further establish FSBP as a solutions-driven partner and a thought leadership company in its category, we engaged in an integrated public relations strategy, which included:
- Media relations for each of their product categories and systems
- Speaking engagements for subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Custom content and bylined article development
- A-Z social media management
THE END RESULT
A successful brand repositioning that incorporated their entire line of building products and highlighted their services — helping FSBP outpace their competition by becoming a provider of total building performance solutions.