Firestone Building Products, a leading manufacturer of roofing, walls and related products for commercial buildings.
Firestone Building Products was hiding in plain sight. Even with a great brand name, the company had lost its communications compass. Disparate messaging and marketing initiatives often competed with one another and the company’s impressive subject matter expertise was not being fully leveraged with its four main target audiences: building contractors, architects, building owners and industry consultants. Media relations was a hit or miss activity. Huge investments in trade shows—more than 30 each year—lacked focus and accountability.
As part of a brand makeover, CBD created a communications roadmap to leverage and integrate all media channels—paid, earned, owned and social. Emphasis is now on better defining core customer needs and creating the messaging framework that will resonate best with each target audience. This includes:
- Universally adopted key messages
- A steady drumbeat of positive press in all relevant trade and business media
- Customer-centric social media content and engagement
- Media training for 25 managers and executives who are identified as subject matter experts
- Speaking engagements that place subject matter experts at premium events
- Trade show and event support that creates a memorable experience and qualified leads
Each initiative is 100 percent aligned with business and product objectives, elevating Firestone Building Products as the true thought-leader brand that it is.
- More than 250 million gross impressions yearly against Firestone Building Products’ local, regional and national target audiences
- On average, 10-15 articles run each month (including bylined articles, new product news, opinion pieces on industry issues and other related content)
- Social media impressions in one year totaling 6.2 million
- More than 300 social media mentions and likes each month
- 3x the quality leads from events
CBD PR & Social Media services:
- Media relations (local, regional, national)
- Media training
- Product launch publicity
- Custom content development
- Case studies
- Speaking engagements
- Trade show support
- Booth development
- Event marketing
- Awards-loyalty program management
- Social media strategy
- Social media content development, publishing and community management
- Social media workshops
- Social media training
- Social marketing (contests, promotions and paid advertising)
- Tracking and ROI reporting
While this case study features our public relations and social media program, CBD’s fully integrated marketing initiatives for Firestone Building Products are here.