CHICAGO (September 27, 2018) – As part of its 30th anniversary celebration, women-owned agency CBD Marketing (CBD) has released its newest Words of Wisdom from Kick-Ass Women e-book. The book honors highly accomplished women across a diverse spectrum—from business, law, education and journalism to dance, animal welfare and the ministry.
It’s the third e-book in the Kick-Ass Women series, which began with an award-winning 2013 volume offering motivational quotes from nationally-recognized female leaders. A second volume was published in 2014. A specialty volume followed in 2016 that was dedicated to women leaders in the food industry.
Like its predecessors, the new Words of Wisdom from Kick-Ass Women, Vol. III is free and available for online sharing. It features original art and design from CBD’s internationally acclaimed creative team.
The 30 women honored are trail-blazers of note who have pushed harder in order to rise higher as leaders. As a way to mentor and empower younger women, they were asked to share how their position facilitates their passion. Their “words of wisdom” are collected as an anthology of insights, professional mantras and valuable lessons learned.
Contributors to CBD Marketing’s Words of Wisdom from Kick-Ass Women, Vol. III are:
- Kate Bensen, President and CEO, The Chicago Network
- Dorrit Bern, Retired Chairman, CEO and President, Charming Shoppes
- Mona Buckley, Executive Director, C200 and the C200 Foundation
- Renee Catania, Associate Brand Manager, Shopper Marketing-Contract, Whirlpool Corporation
- Renee Comly, President and CEO, BESI USA
- Wendy Currie, Creative Director, YMCA of the USA
- Gale Gand, James Beard Award-Winning Chef
- Cyndi Greenglass, Senior VP, Strategic Solutions, Diamond Communications Solutions
- Renee Herzing, President and CEO, Herzing University
- Angela Hickey, CEO, Levenfeld Pearlstein LLC
- Patricia Brown Holmes, Managing Partner, Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila LLP
- Anna Johnson, Shelter Manager, Chicago Canine Rescue Foundation
- Audrey Kabla, Founder and CEO, Epykomène Agency
- Julia Kanouse, CEO, Illinois Technology Association
- Shannon Kershner, Pastor, Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago
- Michelle Larson, Ph.D., President and CEO, Adler Planetarium
- Carol Marin, Political Editor, NBC Chicago; Director, DePaul University Center for Journalism Integrity and Excellence
- Cheryl McPhilimy, President, McPhilimy Associates; Instructor, Student-Agency Advisor, School of Communications, Loyola University
- Petra Obritzberger, Director, German International School, Chicago
- Lisa Parker, Investigative Reporter, NBC 5 Investigates
- Laura Petee, Director of Marketing and Brand Experience, Dometic
- Julia Rhoads, Artistic Director, Lucky Plush Productions
- Jacqui Robertson, Global Talent, Diversity and Inclusion, William Blair & Company
- Tracey Seward, Managing Director, Accenture Strategy, Accenture
- Kantha Shelke, Ph.D., Certified Food Scientist and Principal, Corvus Blue LLC; Senior Lecturer, John Hopkins University
- Deborah Shore, Commissioner, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Mary Shores, President and CEO, Midstate Collection Solutions, Inc.
- Jamie Simkins, Owner, Hemispheres Counseling Center; Assistant Director, Employer Relations and Recruiting, Loyola University, Chicago
- Unmi Song, President, Lloyd A. Fry Foundation
- Joyce St. Clair, Executive VP and Chief Human Resources Officer, Norther Trust Corporation
CBD’s Co-CEOs Lori Colman and Liz Brohan noted that all the Words of Wisdom from Kick-Ass Women books celebrate dynamic female leadership.
“The insights shared in this new edition validate the idea that passing on what we’ve learned to a younger generation is central to a woman’s journey as a leader,” said Colman.
“Paying it forward is so important,” added Brohan. “Every woman—regardless of her profession—needs mentors and people in her corner. CBD’s ‘Words of Wisdom’ series is our way of sharing some of these foundational insights and inspirations.”
About CBD Marketing: CBD is a Chicago integrated, digital-first marketing and advertising agency that builds strong connections between brands and the hearts and minds of their customers. Founded in 1988, CBD is celebrating its 30th year in business, serving national and global clients in manufacturing, energy, appliances, food, building products, education, retail, financial services and other industries. Companies and organizations count on CBD to Market What’s Meaningful®, building more intimate and profitable relationships in emotional and rational ways.