CHICAGO (May 15, 2017) – Tapping the power of visual storytelling is a popular topic for CBD’s EVP, Executive Creative Director Mary Olivieri and Associate Creative Director Don Harder. They’ve presented to groups around the country and will reprise the subject for Ragan’s annual Corporate Communicators Conference, which runs from June 14-16 at the DePaul Center in Chicago.
Olivieri and Harder will lead an interactive workshop, “Communicate with Pictures: The Writer’s Role in Creating Powerful Infographics,” on June 16. Attendees will learn:
- How to tell a visual story
- When an infographic is appropriate; infographic types you can use
- The power of writer’s roughs
In addition, the two will demonstrate:
- Easy-to-use tools for writers to create their own infographics
- Strategies for using the infographics you create, including best uses by platform
- Exercises to identify the images in your words to distill information into small, compelling pieces
“In today’s digital space, the rules for writing are different and attention spans are shorter than ever.” notes Olivieri. “By weaving a visual story, using a few words to inform images, you’ll increase readership of your communications and ultimately command the connections between your readers and your message.”
About CBD Marketing:
CBD Marketing is an award-winning, creative, integrated marketing agency located in Chicago. National and global clients in manufacturing, energy, food, building products, education, retail and other industries count on CBD to Market What’s Meaningful, building more intimate and profitable relationships in emotional and rational ways.