Colman Brohan & Davis, Inc.’s Website Developer contributes to user experience strategy, and uses their years of development experience to deliver digital solutions, supporting website and CRM delivery projects. This includes creating CMS templates, primarily using WordPress and applicable plugins to deliver websites, and landing pages, as well as HTML email, digital ads and more. Additionally, the Developer is responsible for QA (Quality Assurance) testing for all finished products and technical leadership for all digital products, including: front-end CMS systems, back-end server solutions, email delivery systems, marketing tools and more.
Candidates should have expert communication and project management skills in order to effectively oversee multiple projects and client deliverables. Strong attention to detail is essential for web development, as well as creating sites based on internal direction and clients' specifications. The Developer will execute digital solutions for current clients as well as internal marketing initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of user experience strategy and solution delivery best practices, within CMS and CRM environments
- Advanced expertise in leading CMS and CRM frameworks, including a minimum of 1–2 years with WordPress
- HTML email and template development and management, including coding, testing and deployment
- Experience customizing WordPress themes, building custom functions in fucnctions.php
- Experience designing and developing responsive websites and user interfaces for web applications
- Experience in the setup of multi-stage hosting environments, including development, staging and live environments, as well as developing the processes related to publishing updates from one environment to the next to ensure environments remain in sync
- Ability to convert comprehensive layouts/wireframes into working HTML pages
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial a plus
- High-level communication skills, with the ability to convey feedback, insights, and issue resolution recommendations
- Ability to work in agency-wide-partnerships, educating co-workers about solution options and recommending those that best-accomplish stated the stated business objective
- Ability to organize one’s time and proactively self-manage to meet deadlines
- Troubleshooting issues with urgency, transparency, providing requestors with feedback, potential solutions and the turnaround time necessary to implement the proposed solution
- Collaborate with user experience designers to help understand page template layouts and functionality, providing feedback related to the same, in order to minimize the level of effort needed in the final development stage of delivery
- Implement new features and functionality on websites, converting design mockups into landing pages, CRM emails, etc.
- Implement analytics solutions, primarily in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, setting up measurement solutions for event and conversion tracking
- Work with CRM implementation manager, integrating website lead forms with the CMS database, ensuring that all form fields are properly mapped
- Contribute to search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, as well as the implementation of approved solutions
- Create, manage, update technical library and documentation for development processes, applications, and tools
- Perform weekly and monthly website maintenance, ensuring sites are secure and functioning properly
- Manage and monitor websites, including sourcing hosting solutions and plug-ins
- In partnership with the company’s project management team, plan, produce and execute action-oriented retrospectives for websites and other high-level digital projects in order to optimize the company’s delivery process
- Uphold and develop best practices within the agency, related to digital processes, from concepting through development and quality assurance
- Explore new technological opportunities for both client and internal needs
- Contribute to new business presentations and proposals, as needed
Remote, work-from-home position, with option to work in dog-friendly, Chicago-based office, if preferred.
- MS Office Suite, using a Mac or Windows-based operating system
- Comfortable with Asana, JIRA, or other project management and ticketing tools
- Comfortable working with tools such as Beaver Builder, HubSpot, Screaming Frog, Firebug, Email on Acid, Chrome Inspector, Gravity Forms, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and any design software a plus
Digital Technology, Website and CRM Development
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as web developer, preferably with 2-3+ years in a digital agency production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, marketing or equivalent professional experience required