Strategic. Can-do. Buttoned-up. If your co-workers and clients use these adjectives to describe you, we should talk!
Due to recent growth, our 30+ year old Chicago-based B2B integrated marketing firm is looking to hire an Account Supervisor with 5+ years of client management experience at a marketing/ad agency. You will work on a variety of integrated accounts that use a wide range of our agency’s services, including creative, digital, paid and social media, public relations and brand.
This role will take the lead in meeting the strategic needs of multiple key accounts. You must have strong client service skills and will need to collaborate with internal practice areas to ensure that our clients continue to have an outstanding experience with the agency.
We are looking for a "strategic doer" who can take ownership of accounts and help grow them. The agency’s account team sets high standards for itself and takes a “How can I help to get it done?” approach to their work and the overall success of the agency.
Our office is located in River North, but most employees currently work remotely. We care about work/life balance and offer a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) and much more.
The Account Supervisor serves as the client’s key strategic partner within the agency and has the experience and insights to develop “big picture” opportunities. The AS works to develop and maintain strong relationships at the top level of the client’s organizational structure and is highly proactive in seeking new opportunities to grow the engagement.
They are directly involved in leading ideation sessions and communications planning as well as overseeing tactical implementation. The AS is an advocate for the client and for the agency, and demonstrates ownership of the account. They command respect from agency peers and is fair but demanding of the agency disciplines to deliver their respective assignments on time and within budget. The AS is also not afraid of having tough conversations with clients, and maintains adherence on their part to timeframes and scopes of work.
The Account Supervisor must possess leadership capabilities that inspire others to be their best. They are responsible for directing and mentoring direct reports and supervising day-to-day account activities.
- Extensive Account Management experience in an integrated marketing agency.
- A desire to lead the work on behalf of our clients, grow our opportunities with them and the commitment to being a long-term member of our team of marketing professionals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral communication, business writing and presentation skills.
- Outstanding client service skills and practices.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proven strategic and analytical skills.
- Understands brand positioning and messaging development.
- Has knowledge of primary and secondary research.
- Functional understanding of public relations and social media channels in order to collaborate with our PR/social media department.
- Leads effective meetings for clients at all levels.
- Can craft integrated marketing programs from strategy through implementation and analysis.
- Advanced understanding of media planning and buying. Have detailed knowledge and levels of expertise in media modes including direct mail, TV, radio, print, online advertising, email marketing, web development.
- Keen understanding of online and multimedia strategies and application including: online advertising, search engine marketing, rich media, web site utilization and emerging media
- Advanced understanding of production methods, including digital.
- Become a trusted client partner and develop relationships at the top level of customer’s organizational structure, initiating and driving new and existing business.
- Present strategic initiatives and communications plans to client audiences.
- Apply customer-centric brand management philosophies to assist clients in developing long-term brand and marketing plans; gather data from all available resources to help frame strategy and inform all decision-making.
- Manage projects effectively and lead a team through the collaborative process of turning strategies into powerful, memorable campaigns.
- Conduct account planning and strategy input meetings in order to bring innovative ideas to our clients.
- Collaboratively work with the various internal teams (branding, research, media, public relations, creative, digital, etc.) to bring integrated agency value to each client.
- Guide the creative, digital and media departments to ensure work meets agency standards, is on time, on budget, on strategy and exceeds client expectations.
- Maintain regular contact with appropriate client counterparts to insure agency is attuned to client needs, interests, ideas and acceptance of agency work.
- Conduct periodic program status meetings with client to gauge program effectiveness and recommend optimization efforts, and ascertain future opportunities.
- Maintain intimate familiarity with the client's product(s), market conditions and competitors.
- Monitor, identify and communicate implications to competitive environment.
- Ensure team's regular status reporting, internally & externally.
- Develop proactive business building ideas.
- Prepare and present final campaign analysis, successes and opportunities.
- Provide stewardship and advocacy for the agency by managing client expectations, budgets and workflow.
- Adhere to, and work to refine, agency processes and policies.
- Collaborate with team members in marketing planning, program development, RFP and proposal development, new business pitches, etc.
- Exemplify a team-player attitude, especially in challenging situations.
- Participate in identification and achievement of agency goals.
- Participate in identification of junior staff’s professional goals and development.
- Lead or participate in internal task forces.
- Provide client reports and analysis to senior management.
- Work with senior leadership on crafting annual performance assessments and goal setting.
- Direct and prioritize the activities of staff to efficiently meet project objectives.
- Assess and communicate skill development opportunities for staff.
- Conduct quarterly employee satisfaction reviews, as well as regular goal-setting and progress sessions with direct reports.
- Proficient effectively authoring full range of materials, especially strategic briefs and detailed proposals.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Direct and conduct research for new business opportunities and client presentations.
- Monitor competitive and multi-industry trends.
- Oversee financial analysis including projections, estimates, ongoing billing and reconciliations.
- Monitor adherence to budgets, and direct revised estimates as necessary.
- Initiate billing upon project completion.
Education and Experience
- Five to ten years of experience in client management at an integrated advertising or marketing agency.
- Bachelor's degree in business, advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- This position leads to Account Director based on experience and performance.