Thoughtful. Can-do. Buttoned-up. If your co-workers and clients use these adjectives to describe you, we should talk!
The Account Executive helps ensure a solid relationship between the agency and the client by ensuring the client's needs and goals are being met on every project. The AE also manages the day-to-day communications with their client, oversees their budget and corresponding agency billing.
The AE executes project management functions for client accounts and assists with research, strategic planning and proposal development. Additionally, he or she helps structure opportunities as they apply to integrated communications initiatives for clients and sometimes for prospects. He or she also proactively participates in internal agency initiatives including the agency’s thought-leadership development, new business initiatives and marketing components
The AE generally works with three or four client accounts at a time. Depending on the client, this team member may report to an Account Supervisor or Director.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with agency teams and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively and contribute strategies for effective initiatives and campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills, externally and internally.
- Solid written communications and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with best practices for executing online and offline initiatives for consumer and b-to-b accounts, including
- Organizing/running multiple projects.
- Developing schedules and maintaining deadlines.
- Writing proposals, creative development briefs, conference reports, change orders and other relevant docs.
- Basic understanding of digital processes for web development, banner advertising, rich media, apps, etc.
- Functional understanding of public relations activities and social media channels such as Twitter, You Tube, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Organizing/coordinating/ assisting with media buys and ad placement
- Strategies and tactics for introducing new products and services
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Standard campaign elements and database(s), tracking, metrics, analysis and optimization and ROI calculations
- An aggressive commitment to continually build expertise in new marketing technologies, online channels, social media, apps and mobile marketing and other tactical knowledge
- The commitment to become a long-term member of our team of marketing professionals.
- Perform as client contact and agency representative.
- Proactively maintain knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries.
- Bring tactical and strategic added value to programs and accounts on an on-going basis.
- Be responsible for executing or overseeing the day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client, taking a proactive role in program development, and consistently playing an active role in the development of other programs, and other communications materials.
- Interface with other Discipline Leaders and other teams as well as Traffic, Production and Creative Departments daily and as needed to participate in account planning and on-going status.
- Initiate and maintain a variety of materials, including scopes of work, creative briefs, agency orders, estimates, schedules, conference reports, brainstorm notes, contracts, project documentation, production estimates, competitive activities, ROI reports and status reports.
- Take initiative on projects and in developing new business opportunities with potential and existing clients.
- Monitor internal status of jobs, timelines, due dates, budgets and billings; advise senior team members of developments.
- Collaborate with team members in planning, program development, RFP and proposal development, new business pitches, etc.
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
- Lead or participate in internal task forces.
- Ability to direct and prioritize activities to efficiently meet project objectives.
- Ability to identify and communicate skill development opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively author, edit and proofread a full range of materials, including process documents, client correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, reports and other documents as listed above.
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations.
- Monitor competitive and multi-industry trends.
- Monitor adherence to budgets, and issue revised estimates as necessary.
- Prepare monthly billing reports/invoices and estimate reconciliations.
- Work with senior team members to develop revenue projections.
Education and Experience
- At least three years experience in an agency environment or in a corporate or non-agency setting.
- Bachelor's degree in business, advertising, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- This position leads to Sr. Account Executive (SAE), then to Account Supervisor, based on experience and performance.
Remote, work-from-home position, with option to work in dog-friendly, Chicago-based office, if preferred.