Account Executive, Public Relations & Social Media
If you want to earn national media placements and develop your skills as a content strategist, let’s talk!
Due to recent growth, our 30+ year old Chicago-based B2B integrated marketing firm is looking to hire an Account Executive with 2+ years of client management experience at a PR/marketing agency. You will help lead PR efforts for multiple clients, focusing on national and regional media outreach as well as content strategy and execution, and social media.
We’re looking for someone with strong client service skills who can collaborate with the PR team and other internal practice areas within our integrated agency.
Client expectations are high, and we want someone who can meet them while learning a lot along the way. Our PR team has continually provided excellent client service with results that have received national recognition.
Our office is located in River North, but most employees currently work remotely. We care about work/life balance and offer a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) and much more.
Interested candidates can send their resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Track record of success in media outreach campaigns
- Ability to spot trends that can turn into high-level media placements
- High-level skill in analyzing information and turning it into a viable story idea
- Experience working with a variety of subject matter experts on media and content projects
- Understanding of content strategy, including experience with data measurement and analysis
- Writing background that includes a variety of examples and styles
- Professional experience with social media strategy and management for a variety of platforms
- High-level organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple clients’ needs
- Strong editing skills, with experience on written, visual and video content
- Experience presenting to executive audiences and in media training
- Crisis management experience, in media and social media
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- At least two years of experience in public relations, especially focused on media relations and content strategy/writing