Account Coordinator, Public Relations & Social Media
If you want to begin a career in public relations, the Account Coordinator/Public Relations & Social Media position at Colman, Brohan and Davis (CBD Marketing) is an ideal starting point.
CBD Marketing, an integrated marketing firm based in the River North neighborhood of Chicago, is looking to fill an entry-level position on its award-winning Public Relations/Social Media/Content team. An account coordinator provides vital support on a variety of national and international accounts.
Please include a cover letter with your submission.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Desire to work in an agency environment, within the PR/social media practice area
- Passion for learning
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience as an intern with a PR firm, or similar function
- Strong knowledge of national and regional media, and PR industry trends
- Proficiency in basic computer applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of social media best practices for -- and experience with – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Respond to client or agency needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Create media lists and do some story pitching
- Write articles, blog posts and social media copy
- Execute tactical elements of social media programs managed by the agency
- Use media, social and online listening databases for research and analysis
- Use PRNewswire or other news service to distribute news releases to broad or targeted audiences
- Track placements and keep track of ROI for client reports
- Prepare conference reports, internal meeting notes, project documentation, competitive activities, status reports and other work as needed.
- Coordinate various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work having to do with social media community management and public relations tactical deliverables
- Participate in ideation and brainstorms
- Understand and adhere to agency processes and policies
- Be a self-starter and take initiative on projects
- Assist team with logistics as needed
- Participate in ad hoc requests.
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
- Execute tactical elements of CBD’s social media program across platforms
- Receive training on a variety of PR- and marketing-related topics
- Work with supervisors to identify and pursue professional development goals
- Aspire to the next level within the organization: Account Executive