Team Media Training
Group training sessions on professionally navigating the media
You never know when one of your team members will need to be at-the-ready for a conversation with a reporter or editor. Ensuring that they are representing the company as a polished and knowledgeable professional is imperative – especially in today's age of instant news.
In this full-day workshop we will leverage a discovery audit and “homework” your team completes prior to the training. The audit and homework will identify the experience and background of the individuals participating, map situations (conferences, meetings) where individuals will likely encounter a reporter, review products-services they are representing and need to be able to discuss, and identify any key messages or topics approved.
We will work with six of your team members, helping them navigate media relationships with ease to ensure they are ready for anything.
Your team will learn:
- Key messages or themes that are important to the company or their business unit
- How to prepare; doing their homework on the media representative(s) they will meet
- Tips for staying on message, bridging, and other interview tactics, including how to "manage" an interview
- Tips for voice and appearance to enhance personal presentation
Following the group presentation, we will train each individual in one-hour sessions, which include:
- A role play of an actual media interview – to prepare them for whatever may come their way
- Recording of their personal session, with video playback to see what’s working, and where they can improve
- An individualized feedback and recommendation report
The team will then re-group at the end of the day for a wrap-up and summation of learnings.
- Full-day training session
Please contact us for a quote.
Interested in this training session?
Get in touch with us now!