Marketing Analytics Manager
You will be responsible for analyzing campaign response data, pulling client/purchasing targeted lists, campaign scenario planning and forecasting for email, direct mail and test plans, building and running reports, and identifying actionable insights. You will also lead data-driven, one-to-one marketing and CRM initiatives which includes development of marketing measurement plans; setting metrics, schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate has outstanding analytic skills, direct marketing expertise, strong business acumen, excellent interpersonal abilities, and a passion for analysis.
The role resides within the account services department and works closely with the digital, media and business development teams.
- Build and run strategic reporting and analysis to inform and educate clients and prospects
- Serve as a strategic thought leader as we evolve our programs
- Perform ad hoc analysis to answer strategic business/marketing questions
- Manage relationships with cross-functional teams by providing objective information derived from data to support their initiatives
- Communicate actionable insights and high level results to business partners and cross functional teams and clients
- Build marketing forecasts/prediction based on historical performance and business trends
- Stay current on trends and best practices in B2B2C, direct marketing and analytics
- Contribute to new business efforts with agency colleagues
One-to-One Marketing Responsibilities
- Devise one-to-one marketing campaigns in line with a client or prospect’s marketing strategy
- Lead CRM programs for marketing automation within the sales funnel for nurturing, retention and loyalty
- Develop targeted campaigns to specific individuals using segmentation and lead scoring
- Analyze data with which to base campaigns and optimization on
- Assist with structuring campaigns for data capture/collection
- Maintain the databases ensuring all leads are current and qualified
- Establish criteria for the qualification of leads
- Amend programs following the analysis of campaign data
- Ensure all direct marketing campaigns stay within budget
- Build reports focusing on campaign KPI’s and overall return on investment
Data Analytics Responsibilities
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative information using data processing tools and/or analytical methodologies
- Find patterns streaming from different sources, infer from those patterns, customer behavior and write statistical models to pinpoint behavioral triggers
- Analyze structured data to identify business opportunities using statistical modeling, segmentation strategies, optimization algorithms, and data mining analyses (regression, predictive).
Insights Development Responsibilities
- Translate findings into business value and build presentations for clients and internal audiences
Presents Findings to Drive Strategic Decisions
- Summarizes well supported recommendations that are relevant, timely, and actionable.
- Use advanced data visualization techniques to provide a concise and compelling summary of analysis findings in reports and presentations to executive management.
- Provide continual consultation with senior and executive management to identify strategic direction for continual improvement relating to emerging data trends and issues
3-5 years of experience working in direct marketing, or data analytics capacity.
- Background, relevant work experience and education shows a mixture of math, curiosity, and writing
- Knowledge of research and statistics, experience with forecasting and prediction a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to express business concepts in visual terms
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Statistics
- Understanding of database and CRM structures, and how to query data.