An internship at CBD Marketing combines the responsibilities of a Marketing Analytics Coordinator and Administrative Assistant. This team member provides support to the media, digital and account teams in fulfilling client and agency needs. He or she will work on a variety of accounts that have in-market digital media campaigns, or on performance reporting for websites or other digital platforms. An intern also works with our Office Manager to complete reception duties and office tasks.
- College major in business, marketing, statistics or related field.
- Demonstrated success in business analytics classes or marketing analytics classes.
- Effective time management skills - ability to prioritize a multi-task workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of basic project management processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with high level of expertise in:
- Power Point
- Comfortable working in both a PC and MAC environment.
- Comfortable working with new software and analytics tools.
- Additional consideration given to candidates who have:
- Basic knowledge or certification in Google Analytics and/or Google Ads
- Demonstrated experience using, interpreting and drawing insights from marketing-related data in reports or class projects
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Other similar internships, particularly if at a digital media company or agency
Responsibilities for Marketing Analytics Coordinator
- Monitor and evaluate marketing campaigns on an ongoing basis, bringing performance anomalies and insights to the attention of digital services or account management.
- Aggregate data, drive insights, and create reports for agency reporting projects, digital research, and marketing audits (paid campaign data, search marketing, marketing automation, A/B testing).
- Work with the media, digital and account management to implement analytics reporting through tools including, but not limited to: Google Analytics, SharpSpring, MailChimp, Cyfe and Netbase
- Create tracking URLS for creative assets used on digital campaign measurement.
- Work within analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, to set up conversion tracking for ad campaigns.
- Work within agency quality assurance processes to ensure all elements within given analytics implementations are delivering accurately against identified campaign KPIs.
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations, as availability allows.
Responsibilities for Administrative Assistant
- Act as agency front desk receptionist to professionally greet and receive visitors, determine nature of business, obtain visitor’s name and announce their arrival to appropriate person.
- Answer, screen and route incoming calls and/or forward to voice mail.
- Maintain reception area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Assist office manager with a variety of general administrative tasks.
- Expectations include: filing, data entry, mail distribution, conference room set up and clean-up, kitchen clean-up upon request, internet research for new business, helping with other projects that can be completed at the front desk, purchasing office supplies with approval of Office Manager.
Career Path (based on experience and performance)
- This position could lead to a full-time Account Coordinator/Digital Campaign Coordinator position.