Director of Integrated Media
The Director of Integrated Media has the primary responsibility for total media planning and services on behalf of the agency’s clients. This encompasses media research, developing a media strategy, planning, budgeting, implementation, post-buy checking and analysis and involvement in final billing/reconciliation to our clients.
The Director of Integrated Media is expected maintain a media department and seek client engagements that are solid candidates for robust media services. Collaboration with the agency’s senior management (especially Director of Business Development and the Director of Client Services) is critical in order to spot new opportunities and cultivate relationships.
The Director of Integrated Media contributes at the proposal/pitch stage by providing guidance, ideas and recommendations for innovative use of media.
Keeping up-to-date on media trends and alternatives is essential. Excellent analytical, writing and presentation talents are vital to success as are organizational skills and attention to detail.
As robust media accounts are secured, the Director will structure a media services team inclusive of outside media support if necessary, and move into a supervisory role. This role trains and oversees the integrated media coordinator and staff with day-to-day media implementation details.
To further establish agency credentials in this practice area, the authorship and posting of content (such as white papers and blogs) and securing speaking engagements is mandatory.
As a member of the agency’s Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Integrated Media helps establish and meet agency client development and growth initiatives. This role also recommends and oversees the agency’s own media outreach for promotional purposes.
- Strong on-line and traditional media planning proficiency.
- Proven ability to negotiate media rates and value-add.
- Experience in integrated marketing in both B2B and B2C environments.
- Solid organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellence in written and oral communications.
- Outstanding at crafting and delivering presentations.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative ideas.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with new business development expertise.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic, cool under pressure.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Understand and keep current on market and consumer/customer information necessary to the preparation of effective and efficient media planning.
- Work closely with the Director of Client Services and the account management teams to support clients’ marketing strategies with sound media recommendations.
- Become familiar with the history, organization and procedures of each client and their industry in order to develop and present innovative media-centric ideas.
- Write the final media plans and often present to clients.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, account services and media assistants to understand and support mutual interests of the agency and our clients.
- Assure media has run according to schedule; address discrepancies and issue make-goods.
- Evaluate, analyze and prepare reports of media performance.
- Define and look for opportunities for new business with robust media needs.
- Contribute media-related ideas within the context of new business (proposals, presentations).
- Take the lead on media strategy and planning sections of RFPs, proposals and presentations.
- Be current on use of digital media and serve as a resource to colleagues for ideation and creative campaign development.
- Counsel the account teams in the preparation of overall budgets.
- Develop and continually refine the process for researching, evaluating, and analyzing appropriate media vehicles and monitoring ROI of all media.
- Negotiate and implement media vendor contracts.
- Ensure profitability of media buys.
- Maintain thorough records and media databases.
- Contribute to agency “thought leadership” initiatives through speaking, authoring of white papers, contributions to blogs and social media.
- Direct the activities and professional development of media services team members; set goals, conduct performance assessments, take corrective action and make promotion recommendations.
- Train and support media assistants; craft job descriptions; delegate appropriately so that agency media services are flawless and consistent.
- When appropriate, will hire, train, supervise and motivate a media services staff.
- Supervise the work of, and budgets for, any and all media freelancers tapped for their specific qualifications and contributions.