Digital Senior Account Executive
The Digital SAE oversees the client’s digital output in key projects such as website builds/e-commerce sites/updates/maintenance as well as development of digital creative assets (such as display ads, landing pages, emails, etc.), working with the Digital Producer to ensure effective project management and quality control. He or she keeps abreast of all developments in areas of digital and fosters the use of best practices.
The Senior Account Executive role is the bridge between Account Executive and Account Supervisor. The SAE flawlessly performs duties of an AE and demonstrates the initiative and ability to move into a supervisor position as a next step.
The SAE is crucial to maintaining the relationship between the agency and the client and keeping client work running smoothly within the agency. As the liaison with various internal disciplines (media, analytics, creative, branding, digital, PR, social media and content) the SAE ensures the client's needs and goals are being met on every project while defining opportunities for account growth.
The SAE manages presentations to the client, the client's ad budget and corresponding agency billing. The SAE may handle one or two smaller/medium level accounts or support specific initiatives on larger team-based accounts.
The SAE demonstrates the desire to “own” strategy and often takes the lead on ideation, proposal development and planning for their clients. He or she also assists with research and branding/messaging. Specifically, this person will help structure opportunities as they apply to integrated communications initiatives for clients and prospects.
He or she also proactively participates in internal agency initiatives including the agency’s thought-leadership development, new business initiatives and marketing components.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise specific digital project elements such as project charters, UX, wireframes A/B testing, and QC.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, digital-first, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile/Scrum digital processes to complete digital projects.
- Highly collaborative; work effectively with agency and client teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage integrated marketing communications campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills, externally and internally.
- Exceptional written communications and presentation skills.
- A desire to lead the work on behalf of our clients, grow our opportunities with them and the commitment to become a long-term member of our team of marketing professionals.
- Highly organized and process-driven with the ability to manage integrated marketing projects including scheduling and budgets.
- Proactive in account planning: ability to identify opportunities to grow a client relationship and contribute strategic ideas for initiatives and campaigns.
- Demonstrated digital experience with best practices for executing online and offline initiatives for consumer and b-to-b accounts, including:
- Organizing/running multiple projects
- Developing schedules and maintaining deadlines.
- Writing proposals, creative development briefs, conference reports, change orders and other relevant docs.
- Knowledge/experience with digital touchpoints including websites, CRM, email campaigns, paid media, etc.
- Strong/solid understanding of digital processes for web development, banner advertising, rich media, apps, etc.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and other analytic tools, why they are important to digital-first marketing and how they are used. GA certification is a plus.
- Experience in paid search, paid social and other paid media is a plus.
- Functional understanding of social media channels such as Twitter, You Tube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. as well as media relations and basic public relations functions.
- Strategies and tactics for introducing new products and services.
- Hands-on experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of standard campaign elements and database(s), tracking, metrics, analysis and optimization and ROI calculations.
- An aggressive commitment to continually build expertise in new marketing technologies, online channels, social media, apps and mobile marketing and other tactical knowledge.
- Perform as client contact and manage the relationship.
- Ability to interface with external vendor partners on back-end implementation.
- Proactively maintain knowledge of clients’ businesses, industries and trends.
- Be responsible for executing or overseeing the day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client, taking a leadership role in program development.
- Communicate client expectations and demands to the rest of the agency teams.
- Digital-first proficiency in all aspects of integrated communications in order to direct creative development, paid media, digital services, etc.
- An understanding of branding/messaging and research.
- Ability to manage internal agency teams including creative, digital, media, brand, data marketing, research, public relations and social media. Collaborate with these internal teams on a daily basis and pull them together for planning.
- Add strategic value to programs and accounts on an on-going basis.
- Take initiative on projects and in developing new business opportunities with the clients served.
- Present strategic and creative initiatives to client audiences.
- Monitor campaigns for delivery and performance, analyze results and strive to deliver against campaign objectives.
- Lead the development of integrated marketing programs and craft proposals and presentations.
- Initiate scopes of work, creative briefs, agency orders, estimates, schedules, conference reports, brainstorm notes, contracts, project documentation, production estimates, competitive activities, ROI reports and status reports.
- Leverage digital expertise to implement campaigns, metrics, tracking, analysis and optimization.
- Stewardship and advocacy for the agency by managing budgets and maintaining workflow.
- Monitor internal status of jobs, timelines, due dates, budgets and billings; advise team members when anything is off track.
- Collaborate with team members in planning, program development, RFP and proposal development.
- Assist with new business pitches when assigned to you.
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
- Lead or participate in internal task forces.
- Mentor junior staff and help them build their skills.
- Ability to direct and prioritize activities to efficiently meet project objectives.
- Ability to identify and communicate skill development opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively construct presentations and scopes of work
- Author, edit and proofread a full range of materials, including daily client correspondence, conference reports, etc.
- Ability to proofread digital and printed marketing materials developed on behalf of clients.
- Determine appropriate research needs relevant to client business.
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations.
- Monitor competitive and multi-industry trends.
- Monitor adherence to budgets, and issue revised estimates as necessary.
- Prepare monthly billing reports/invoices and estimate reconciliations.
- Work with team members to develop revenue projections.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- At least five years experience in an agency environment or in a corporate or non-agency setting.
- The SAE reports to an Account Supervisor or Director, depending upon the size of the clients assigned to you.
- This position leads to Account Supervisor based on experience and performance.