CHICAGO (May 31, 2017) – The South Dakota Telecommunications Association Conference, scheduled for June 7 – 9 in Rapid City, will feature not one, but three presentations by CBD’s EVP and Executive Creative Director Mary Olivieri and Associate Creative Director Don Harder.
The duo, who have presented to groups across the country, will lead South Dakota’s marketing professionals through several interactive workshops, including:
- “Beating Writer’s Block: Breakthrough creative processes to inspire, transform and accelerate your writing,” a two-hour workshop by Olivieri on June 7.
- “Communicate with Pictures: The writer’s role in creating powerful infographics,” a 50-minute session by Olivieri and Harder on June 8.
- “Be a 5%-er! Why you should make room for risk-taking in your marketing plan,” a 50-minute session by Harder on June 8.
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to learn:
- Improvisation-based exercises to inspire creative writing, including free association to let the words flow and creative translation exercises.
- How to tell a story through infographics, including exercises to transform words into images and distill information into small, compelling pieces.
- The importance of taking risks in marketing and how to sell a risky idea to a client.
“These sessions are meant to activate every participant’s creativity and help each person tap into the truly fearless writer or marketer that’s locked inside,” said Olivieri. “Our goal is to get everyone out of their seats and out of their comfort zones, ready to create attention-getting content using strategies that have helped us deliver on our clients’ business goals.”
About CBD Marketing:
CBD Marketing is an award-winning, creative, integrated marketing agency located in Chicago. National and global clients in manufacturing, energy, appliances, food, building products, education, retail and other industries count on CBD to Market What’s Meaningful, building more intimate and profitable relationships in emotional and rational ways.