The Account Coordinator / Assistant Account Executive is an entry-level position that provides support to the account team in fulfilling both client and agency needs. This team member will likely work on a variety of accounts and work with different Account Executives, Account Supervisors, and Senior Management regarding project management tasks and issues. The Assistant Account Executive position is a level of increasing responsibility and participation on client accounts and agency needs based on performance.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire for client services work on integrated marketing communications planning and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Effective time management skills - ability to prioritize a multi-task workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Understanding of basic project management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Internship with an advertising or marketing firm, or similar function.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Work with workflow to create and maintain project plans and timelines
- Participate in internal account team meetings, kick-off meetings, and agency status meetings.
- Monitor project progress (including timelines and status) and advise team members of developments
- Respond to client or agency needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiate a variety of activities including agency orders, estimates, schedules/action plans, and other work as needed.
- Review all materials (outputs) prior to routing externally (clients or final releases) for accuracy and quality according to direction provided in the Creative Brief and revisions documentation
- Prepare and document conference reports, internal meeting notes, project documentation, competitive activities, status reports and other work as needed.
- Maintain weekly status reports, internal and client-facing
- Monitor job progress reports to assure compliance with schedules and estimated hours.
- Coordinate various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Participate in brainstorming and account planning sessions.
- Effectively utilize project management tools
- Facilitate collaborative execution of digital projects including design, UX, development, and testing
- Work with Workflow to manage digital project plans and timelines
- Adhere to agency digital processes and procedures, suggesting improvements where recognized
- Understand and adhere to agency processes and policies.
- Be a self-starter, take initiative and take ownership of your projects.
- Assist team with logistics as needed.
- Participate in ad hoc requests.
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
- Participate in agency initiatives and social media, as requested
- Provide clear direction to all teams to effectively manage project outcomes
- Observe, learn and execute internal agency workflow documents.
- Observe and learn how to execute client-facing documents, including scopes of work, presentations and conference reports.
- Have experience in editing various types of written materials.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations.
- Monitor industry and competitive trends.
- Monitor project budget burn rate and advise team members of variances.
- Assist with client billing.
- Weekly reporting: project tracking includes status, hours, burn rate and timeline against budget
- Prepare monthly job progress reports for billing.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Internship in an advertising agency, marketing firm, marketing department preferable.
- Technical skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Additional Preferred Skills
- MAC Environment
- Project Management tools (Central Desktop, Project, Basecamp, etc.)
- Reporting and Google Analytics
- Identify and pursue professional development goals.
- Develop professional skills through participation in specialized work, such as media assistance.
- Aspire to the next level within the organization: Account Executive.
- Assistant Account Executive will have increasing roles of responsibilities including meeting preparation, participation in client contact and participation in client meetings.
Career Path (based on experience and performance)
- Account Coordinator/Assistant Account Executive position leads to Account Executive position.