Account Coordinator, Public Relations & Social Media
The Account Coordinator, Public Relations & Social Media, is an entry-level position that provides support to the Public Relations/Social Media team in fulfilling both client and agency needs. This team member will work on a variety of accounts and work with different Account Executives, Account Supervisors, and Senior Management regarding project management tasks and issues.
For purposes of performance evaluations and overall direction, the Account Coordinator will report to the Vice President, Public Relations & Social Media and/or an Account Supervisor for the accounts on which she/he is working. However, it’s possible different team members will supervise the work of the Account Coordinator depending on needs and tasks required by the various accounts serviced by the group.
The Account Coordinator position is a level of increasing responsibility and participation on client accounts and agency needs based on performance.
- Desire to work in an agency environment, within the PR/social media practice area
- Passion for learning
- Ability to multi-task workload
- Attention to detail
- Organizational abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Internship with a PR firm, or similar function
- Proficient in basic computer applications: MS Office, Internet Browsers, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat
- Highly Proficient in social media tactics and execution for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn with familiarity with Google+, Pinterest and any other platforms relevant to agency clients
- Participate in internal account team meetings, kick-off meetings, and agency status meetings
- Respond to client or agency needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Execute tactical elements of social media programs managed by the agency, as directed
- Stay current on social media best practices, and new developments
- Use Cision (or whatever media database/media analytics tool(s) the agency subscribes to) to create media lists for press release deployment and pitching, and to run and format analytics reporting (become proficient within first 90 days)
- Use PRNewswire or other news service to distribute news releases to broad or targeted audiences
- Track placements and ad values (as needed) for every PR client in order to create monthly and quarterly activity/tracking reports (become proficient within first 90 days).
- Be proficient in agency processes and completing forms related to agency orders, estimates, schedules/action plans, creative briefs, schedules and other work as needed. (become proficient within first 90 days)
- Prepare conference reports, internal meeting notes, project documentation, competitive activities, status reports and other work as needed. (become proficient in first 90 days)
- Coordinate various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work having to do with social media community management and public relations tactical deliverables
- Participate in ideation and brainstorms
- Understand and adhere to agency processes and policies
- Be a self-starter and take initiative on projects
- Assist team with logistics as needed
- Participate in ad hoc requests.
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
- Execute tactical elements of CBD’s social media program across platforms
- Observe, learn and execute internal agency workflow documents
- Observe and learn how to execute client-facing documents, including conference reports
- Have experience in editing various types of written materials
- Have experience with and contribute writing blog posts, and social media posts for the agency, and clients
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Assist with research for new business opportunities and client presentations, including generating social media snapshots and competitive reports
- Monitor industry and competitive trends.
- Monitor internal status of jobs, timelines and due dates and advise team members of developments.
- Assist with hours tracking and client billing as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Internship in a PR agency or marketing department with PR focus.
- Technical skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Paint
- Personal proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and FourSquare
- Identify and pursue professional development goals
- Develop professional skills through participation in specialized work, such as media assistance.
- Aspire to the next level within the organization: Account Executive
- Account Coordinator will have increasing roles of responsibilities including meeting preparation, participation in client contact and participation in client meetings.
- This position leads to Account Executive position based on experience and performance.