An internship at CBD Marketing combines the responsibilities of a Jr. Account Coordinator and Administrative Assistant in fulfilling both client and agency needs. This team member will likely work on a variety of accounts and work with different Account Executives, Account Supervisors, and Senior Management along with our Office Manager regarding project management tasks and issues.
Basic Qualifications for Fulfilling the Account Coordinator Role
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire for client services work on integrated marketing communications planning and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize a multi-task workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Internship with an advertising or marketing firm, or similar function.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Participate in internal account team meetings, kick-off meetings, and agency status meetings.
- Respond to assignments regarding client or agency needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Learn to initiate a variety of activities including agency orders, estimates, schedules/action plans, and other work as needed.
- Assist with preparing and documenting conference reports, internal meeting notes, project documentation, competitive activities, status reports and other work as needed.
- Monitor job progress reports to assure compliance with schedules and estimated hours.
- Coordinate various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Participate in brainstorming and account planning sessions.
- Understand and adhere to agency processes and policies.
- Be a self-starter and take initiative on projects.
- Assist team with logistics as needed.
- Participate in ad hoc requests.
- Conduct Internet research for new business development and current clients
- Demonstrate a team-player attitude by being flexible and responsible.
- Observe, learn and execute internal agency workflow documents.
- Observe and learn how to execute client-facing documents, including scopes of work, presentations and conference reports.
- Have experience in editing various types of written materials.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
Basic Qualifications for Fulfilling the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist Role
Act as agency receptionist to greet and receive visitors, determine nature of business, obtain visitor’s name and announce visitor’s arrival to appropriate person. Answer, screen, and route incoming calls and/or forwards to voice mail. Maintains reception area in a neat and orderly condition. Assists Office Manager with a variety of general administrative tasks.
- Arrive promptly at 8:30 (or assigned start time) dressed in presentable business-casual attire
- Answer all calls by the 3rd ring; follow script provided by Office Manager; ensure phones are covered at all times;
- Greet guests politely and professionally
- Keep a current list of employees out of the office
- Purchase office supplies with approval of Office Manager
- Maintain employee information listings and other data entry as needed
- File vendor invoices and client invoices
- Distribute mail upon arrival
- Assist with setup and cleanup of the conference rooms for client meetings
- Assist with kitchen cleanup upon request
- Assist employees with projects that can be completed at the front desk
Internet research for new business development and current clients