This position at CBD Marketing — located in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood – is ideal for an experienced account executive who is looking for a career-defining challenge at a fully integrated agency. You’ll have a chance to work on leading consumer and b2b accounts. You’ll also enjoy a supportive, flexible and dog-friendly culture in which energetic and strategic collaboration occurs on a daily basis.
As an Account Supervisor, you would serve as the client’s key strategic partner within the agency and develop “big picture” opportunities. Internally, you would lead ideation sessions and communications planning as well as overseeing tactical implementation. The AS is an advocate for the client and for the agency, and demonstrates ownership of the account.
In addition, an AS will:
- Become a trusted client partner and develop relationships at the top level of customer’s organizational structure, initiating and driving new and existing business.
- Provide stewardship and advocacy for the agency by managing client expectations, budgets and workflow.
- Present strategic initiatives and communications plans to client audiences.
- Apply customer-centric brand management philosophies to assist clients in developing long-term brand and marketing plans; gather data from all available resources to help frame strategy and inform all decision-making.
- Manage projects effectively and lead a team through the collaborative process of turning strategies into powerful, memorable campaigns.
- Guide the creative, digital and media departments to ensure work meets agency standards, is on time, on budget, on strategy and exceeds client expectations.
- Maintain intimate familiarity with the client’s product(s), market conditions and competitors.
- Monitor, identify and communicate implications to competitive environment.
- Ensure team’s regular status reporting, internally & externally.
- Develop proactive business building ideas.
- Prepare and present final campaign analysis, successes and opportunities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding and entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly collaborative; work effectively with agency and client teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, externally and internally.
- Exceptional written communications and presentation skills.
- Can craft integrated marketing programs from strategy through implementation and analysis.
- Advanced understanding of media planning and buying. Have detailed knowledge and levels of expertise in media modes including direct mail, TV, radio, print, online advertising, email marketing, web development.
- Keen understanding of online and multimedia strategies and application including: online advertising, search engine marketing, rich media, web site utilization and emerging media
- Demonstrated experience with best practices for executing online and offline initiatives for consumer and b2b accounts.
- A desire to lead the work on behalf of our clients, grow our opportunities with them and the commitment to being a long-term member of our team of marketing professionals.
- Seven to ten years experience in client management at an integrated advertising or marketing agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
Salary is commensurate with experience and potential and will be discussed directly with candidates that meet the basic requirements. Please submit salary requirements with resume.